POSITION: Mechanical Contracts Coordinator
SALARY: $22.55 to $24.50 per hour
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
We are the Orlando International Airport! The Greater Orlando Aviation Authority (GOAA) operates OIA and the Orlando Executive Airport. Our airport is a world-class facility serving more than 46 million guests each year and growing.
Responsible for monitor testing, operation, calibration, repair and maintenance of mechanical systems throughout Greater Orlando Aviation Authority (GOAA) buildings and structures. Confirm that tested mechanical equipment and systems are operational and within industry and manufacturer's specifications. Plan, monitor and evaluate maintenance service and supply contracts verifying assigned contracts meet performance standards and specifications. Provide technical advice to develop scopes of work of new contracts. Serve as the Maintenance department representative for construction efforts and assigned contracts.
- Bachelor Degree in related field and three (3) years related experience with the maintenance and repair of facility mechanical systems, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Preferred experience includes one (1) year experience with mechanical contracts, familiarity with mechanical contracts at an airport, and mechanical & building inspection experience.
Must have extensive knowledge of the function and utilization of mechanical systems/equipment and/or evaluating the condition of mechanical and motorized equipment and a thorough working knowledge of mechanical and plumbing codes.
- Intermediate computer-use skills, with emphasis on use of database, spreadsheet, and word processing programs required. Must have basic knowledge of project scheduling, efficient time management, and contract monitoring.
- Must have knowledge of applicable OSHA regulations & applicable mechanical standards, essential safety equipment and protective devices, and rules, regulations, and guidelines regarding the safe utilization and operation of hand and power tools, and lock out tag out procedures.
- Must be able to read, understand, and enforce contract specifications and mechanical drawings on performance based contracts.
- Must have knowledge and stay current with all mechanical and plumbing codes and advanced mechanical maintenance practices.
Must have demonstrated attention to detail and be self-motivated and able to work without direct supervision.
Must stay current on all GOAA emergency response procedures and ensuring proper response as required.
- Must be capable of scheduling & controlling Mechanical Utility Outages.
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, good interpersonal skills with the ability to function effectively in a diverse work place.
- Must be willing and able to work nonstandard and various shifts including; early mornings, late evenings, nights, weekends and holidays to accommodate airport operations.
- Must have a valid Florida driver’s license.
The Greater Orlando Aviation Authority offers a comprehensive benefits package.
• Paid Vacation, Holidays, Sick and Personal Leave Days
• Retirement Plan with Company Match
• Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Wellness Programs
• Short Term Disability Plan, Long Term Disability Plan and Life Insurance
• Education Reimbursement (Full-time Employees Only)